8.04 update files

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:45:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Leonard Chatagnier
<lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Did you even look at your sources.list file to see if it had an active CD-ROM entry?  Did you try to install the google gpg key?
> One of us needs to learn something!  Please note that aptitude or apt-get reads the mirrors listing from the sources.list file including any CD-ROM entry.  You must have an active CD-ROM entry in your sources.list file. Check and see for yourself.

Of couse he didn't.

As you know, he has a predeliction for finding something he dosen't
understand, completely misinterpreting the results, posting to his
blog about how it's an Ubuntu problem, being told be several people
how to fix it, totally ignoring them and then starting yet another
posting on his blog about the same thing.

He's long been kill-filed here as I simply tire of his endless
blogging and a complete inability to trim his posts. Add in the fact
that the stuff he posts is often plain wrong and...

I must admit, seeing little gems like "Sorry you can't read English!
This CD-ROM stuff is FROM the Ubuntu servers! I am showing what I get
from the request with $sudo aptitude update which comes FROM the
servers. So hope you learned something." makes me chuckle.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0