How to configure XDMCP on Ubuntu 8.10 to make it can be accessed remotely with Cygwin

Mike Bishop mbishop at mtaonline.net
Wed Apr 29 23:00:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 05:19:16PM +0800, zhangyq915 at sina.com wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> Which one can tell me how to configure XDMCP on ubuntu 8.10 destkop, so make it can be remotely accessed by means of GUI mode.
>
> I can use my Cygwin in my PC to access Redhat linux server by means of  XDMCP. But I can not find a right configuration method to finish it on Ubuntu 8.10 desktop.
>
> Which one can help me. Thank you very much.
>
> Yongqian Zhang
> --

What desktop?

GDM seems not to handle XDMCP of late (and still doesn't in
desktop-9.04), but you can install KDM in it's place.

Then read and configure /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc to suit your needs.
Oh, change /etc/X11/default-display-manager to /usr/bin/kdm
if you are currently using gdm.

Rgds,
--
Mike Bishop