Switching

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Wed Apr 29 12:34:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:10:53 -0400
michel williams <marlw77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day,
> I am a windows xp and vista user. How do I switch for Vista to Ubuntu
> 9.04? Can I switch without reformating my hard drive? Do I choose FAT
> or NTFS  I am very new and would like some assistance. I have no
> experience with Linux. My reading shows this Linus offering to be
> beneficial, as I find MS products lacking. I need something more
> suitable. Thanks for your help (after the laughter...LOL)
> Mike

You might want to take a look at this document, put together just for
those switching from windows:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromWindows

and this one, which explains how to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows, which
means you can have both on your hard drive:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot

Good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz