8.10 to 9.04 upgrade with VMWare keyboard freaked out

Bohmer, Andre ten Andre.tenBohmer at wur.nl
Wed Apr 29 12:02:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I've been running 8.10 with VMWare and a Windows XP guest for a couple
> of months without problem. The other night I upgraded to 9.04 and now
> when I load XP the keyboard starts printing the letter "c" repeatedly.
> When I exit the VMWare XP session the control keys no longer function,
> and the "a" key beeps. Other keys do nothing. I have to restart in
> order to get the keyboard back. Unplugging the keyboard does not stop
> the "c" from happening.
>
>  Any advice..?
No sorry, but I had a similar freaky problem running VirtualBox (2.1 and
2.2). Every few seconds it was like I pressed the Alt key and the first menu
item in the Guest OS (Windows) popped up, very annoying. Same behaviour
noticed in a rdesktop session connected to a Windows server so it seemed to
be some sort of a 'Ubuntu' problem. Logged out, switched from KDE to a Gnome
session and so far so good. Not realy a solution, but I can work again ;-)

Cheers,
Andre