[Evolution] Migration from Hardy to Intrepid/Jaunty

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 29 02:20:44 UTC 2009

I've just updated several system from hardy to jaunty only to discover
that none of my Evolution email boxes work. Instead it seems that I've
hit this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution/+bug/293207
[Conversion of existing mailboxes fails silently]

I couldn't even restore from an older hardy evolution-backup.tar.gz. I
get the box:

Migrating Folders
The summary format of the Evolution mailbox folders has
been moved to SQLite since Evolution 2.24.
Please be patient while Evolution migrates your folders...

3 hours and waiting 123.7MB .gz / 9.2MB mailbox. This is nuts - any one
aware of a workaround? The bug report isn't helpful & indicates that
this has been fixed - but I get the same on 3 systems. I'll add my bits
to the bug report later, but though it worthwhile to check here first to
see if anyone else has other suggestions/experience.