to Karl

Roy Smith rasmith1959 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 01:04:53 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Roy Smith wrote:
>
>> Karl F. Larsen wrote:

>>     roy at looneybin:~$ sudo aptitude install ssh
>>
>> is this the same thing that you're talking about here?
>>

>     I think so. But you did not do as I asked.  My email says to use the
> call:
>
> $ sudo aptitude install sshd
>
> and it will do so along with needed libs and a man page.

My bad, I must have left out this part:

    roy at looneybin:~$ sudo aptitude install sshd
    [sudo] password for roy:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading extended state information
    Initializing package states... Done
    Writing extended state information... Done
    Couldn't find any package matching "sshd".  However, the following
    packages contain "sshd" in their description:
      libjsch-java-doc libjsch-java openssh-server
    Couldn't find any package matching "sshd".  However, the following
    packages contain "sshd" in their description:
      libjsch-java-doc libjsch-java openssh-server
    No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
    0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
    Writing extended state information... Done
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading extended state information
    Initializing package states... Done

    roy at looneybin:~$

It may have worked at one time, but it appears that it doesn't anymore.

--

Roy Smith
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope