Skype not working in 9.04

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:58:26 UTC 2009

H.S. wrote:
> marc wrote:
>

>> Ah, this might be a clue. If you have Skype "automatically adjust my
>> mixer levels" then you might find, as I did, that audio settings become
>> screwed.
>>

> Yes. I always uncheck that auto level option, otherwise the audio
> quality suffers in skype.

    Odd. I have to take back my claim that Skype works on 9.04 because
while it comes up properly the audio on receive and send do not work. I
checked the mixer and both mike and sound are turned on. I have VLC and
it has lots of audio on 9.04.

    I will look at help and Google for some ideas. But I must say that
Skype does NOT work on 9.04 without some additional sound fixes.

Karl