unable to run synaptic

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:52:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 19:46, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> run
> users
> >> OK. One more:
> >> $ df
> > kjetil at familien:~$ df
> > Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> > /dev/sda1             18544460  18141016         0 100% /
>
> NoOp for the win!
>
> See that first line?  Your root (base level, not user root) partition is
> full.
> 17 gig seems like a lot - you must have some stuff hanging around
> there somewhere you can delete.

I installed almost ALL the ubuntu games for my daughters!

> Post back if you need help finding
> it.
>
> Brian

Thanks! I already learned about
popcon-largest-unused

from another thread today!

kjetil

"Mathematics is not the rigid and rigidity-producing schema that the layman
thinks it is; rather, in it we find ourselves at that meeting point of
constraint and freedom that is the very essence of human nature."
                                    - Hermann Weyl