Jaunty Joy

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:52:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:
> My monitor is a 21inch Sun Microsystem CRT.  It has a proprietary Sun
> cable with a HUGE connector and a VGA port so it supports two video
> sources.  My guess, this CRT has no PnP firmware for reporting what
> video settings it can support.

Just saw this the other day - prove it to yourself one way or another...

sudo aptitude install read-edid && sudo get-edid | sudo parse-edid

http://maxolasersquad.blogspot.com/2009/04/get-edid-information.html

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false