microphone being muted by volume control GUI - bug?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:43:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

On a newly installed Jaunty, and recently updated, I have noticed that
if I open volume controls (right lick on speaker icon), I find that the
mic input is muted. I unmute it, close the GUI, get the GUI again and
the mic is again muted!

The mic is unmuted for only as long as I keep the volume control GUI open.

The devices that I have on this machine are:
~$ aplay -l
card 0: I82801DBICH4 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel
82801DB-ICH4]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: I82801DBICH4 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958
[Intel 82801DB-ICH4 - IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Is this just in this machine or is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.