Should I buy a new graphics card or a new computer?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 16:16:39 UTC 2009

> The nv driver helped so far that I have now both monitors working -> in
> "low graphic mode" :-(
>
> It looks like that I have to figure out which nVidia driver I need ....

It sounds like you need to try and get the closed source nvidia driver
running.

I don't have machine with one, so cannot really help, but my
understanding is ubuntu should figure out for you which nvidia driver to
install *once* you have enabled the use of the restricted hardware
drivers (form the system menu I think).

Have you tried this ?

If no luck, then hopefully someone with an nvidia card can chime in to
help more ...

Chris