Installing Ubuntu

sdavmor sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Tue Apr 28 15:59:00 UTC 2009

Sean or Mona wrote:

> It was a disaster for me.  A terrible disaster.
> This bugger is a 1.8 ghz Pentium 4 that I'm running.  But I tried installing
> Ubuntu 9.04 and not only did it crawl like molasses but nothing could be
> done with it.
> Indeed I'm not sure if the menus were supposed to work in a similar fashion
> to MS Windoze, but I tried left clicking, right clicking, double clicking,
> just waiting to see if they drop on their own - nothing.
> A misaligned screen display didn't help much, I suppose. But after all the
> hope and hype and buildup and anticipation that I had subjected myself to --
> I was really let down.
> I was really hoping it would be my salvation from Windoze. No. It was
> useless. So I'm back with Windoze 2000 and the very least I can say about it
> is -- well.... it works.

I've been dual-booting my Windows 2000 laptop with Ubuntu since 2006
with the 6.04 release.  The upgrade from Intrepid 8.10 to Jaunty 0.04
was absolutely the easiest upgrade I've ever done on any system from
one O/S release to another.

If you want to try again, or provide more information about how the
9.04 installation was made on your machine I'd be happy to pitch in
and help you get it sorted.
NP: nothing