Skype not working in 9.04

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Apr 28 15:17:11 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 7:19:40 am H.S. wrote:
> Pastor JW wrote:
> >  8.10 was non usable as KDE couldn't do anything we needed to do,
>
> For instance? I use Hardy and switch between KDE and Gnome. I haven't
> seen any problems in my usage. There was an audio problem with
> pulseaudio, but removing pulseaudio (or not using it) fixed that. Other
> than that, I would like to know what else is wrong.

Heron is 8.04, ...it was like I said 8.10 that killed KDE  so we did not
upgrade because of it.  We are still using 8.04 as well because KDE works
well as does Skype.  Other things we use alot are Open Office, K3b, and
LinDVD.

> > it seems 9.04 is broken somewhere for Skype doesn't work,  perhaps we'll
> > have
>
> I have reports from some users that it does. As David posted earlier, he
> got it working by installing the static version from Medibuntu repos.
> Does that not work for you?

Don't know, we were planning to upgrade one of the laptops to Jackalope but
without Skype the upgrade wasn't appealing.  We'ld have to spend an hour or
so reinstalling the 8.04 backup and we don't have the time.  That is why we
were appreciative of the heads up warning.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org