Wifi out on Aspire One

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:56:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Curtis Vaughan <cavaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
> After installing 9.04 several days ago, today my wifi is suddenly not
> working at all.  > I have an Aspire One ZG5, which I originally install Hardy on. I have to
> say that 9.04 was solid until this happened.

I'd try the following things -

0 - right click on the network manager applet and make sure enable
wireless is checked

1 - full shutdown and at least 30 second pause (not reboot, not
hibernate, not suspend)

2 - mine goes flakey if it's overheating.  comes back fine when cooled off

3 - check that switch on the lower right corner - since the lights
don't work in Jaunty and there's no on screen pointer you bumped it,
it could be off.

4 - as per the note Frans posted, make sure you didn't install the
proprietary drivers

5 - do an 'sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude dist-upgrade' in a
terminal or use Synaptic to make sure you are completely up to date
     (I don't trust that new updates required indicator!)

6 - if you've still got issues, tell us more about what you see and
what you are trying to do.

Brian