Can't upgrade to Jaunty, half upgrade has hobbled computer.

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Tue Apr 28 07:19:46 UTC 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 10:25:25 pm Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> If /home has its own partition you could reinstall Ubuntu from a CD
> preserving /home.

    Give this a try even if /home isn't on its own partition.  I know that
KUbuntu (as of 7.10?) will recognize that you have /home on the same partition
of the rest of the system and opt to clear out the other directories as
opposed to nuking the entire partition.

--
         Steve C. Lamb         | But who can decide what they dream
       PGP Key: 1FC01004       |      and dream I do