VirualBox on Hardy

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 04:07:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Willis Taylor <th1bill at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> VirualBox on Hardy
> So I should reinstall?  I used the Sun Version for Hardy.  And I'll need
> to research chmod.

I cannot answer since I don't know how you did install, but perhaps
you might try. I removed and reinstalled VirtualBox several times
lately, even cloned VDIs and all worked just out of the box, no chmod
or (I guess) root needed.

If I understood correctly, once your virtual machine was set you could
not start to install Windows. My original install created the vbox
group and put the vdi's under the /home/user directory, so no
permissions were needed, if you choose another place you might have to
change permissions first. Every reinstall checked the existence of the
vbox group.

My vdi's now rests inside their own partitions and thus the
subdirectories were chmod'ed to the actual user.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W