Installing Ubuntu

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 28 00:58:22 UTC 2009

Sean or Mona wrote:
> [...]
Hi,
I have a 1.8m athlon machine that runs 8.04 with 512 meg of ram quite
well, it's no speed demon, but it generally gets the job done.
If you know what type of memory you have, you may be able to pick some
up second hand,
that will keep you going. Alternatively are there any organizations in
your area that recycle machines for low income people?
You may get something there.
Hope this helps.