Skype not working in 9.04

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Apr 28 00:04:23 UTC 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 3:35:09 pm David M Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> > Well I'm clearly not using GNOME.
> >

> > If you MUST have Skype you might consider using Gnome :-)
> >
> > Or you can stay with KDE and complain every 2 hours to this list.
> >

> > Karl
>
> No I'm with XFCE. I love it! Except for the rare repository problems :(.
>
> Thanks, and I hate GNOME. haha!

Thanks for the heads up.  Without Skype I believe I'll have to pass on
the "upgrade" too till they fix the broken distro.  I also really dislike
Gnome.  8.10 was non usable as KDE couldn't do anything we needed to do, now
it seems 9.04 is broken somewhere for Skype doesn't work,  perhaps we'll have
to still wait till 9.10 before there is an upgrade from 8.04 suitable for
use.  Skype is used here at least a hundred times per day in our ministry.
And on a personal level several times a week to visit with my nine
grandchildren!!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org