howto install Ubuntu on a 64bit server architecture which is non-amd

Mon Apr 27 09:42:52 UTC 2009

Gilles Gravier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> bvidinli wrote:
>> I have a server that is not amd,
>> 64 bit
>> which cd image should i download ?
>>
>> there are amd64, but my server is not amd
>> ??
>> thanks
> It's named "-amd64" but it's all modern 64 bit platforms. Including Intel.

I'm not sure on your definition of 'modern', but I'd posit that IA64
(Itanium) is a modern Intel 64-bit architecture, and it's completely
different to AMD64/x86_64/EM64T.

Without more information from the OP, it's difficult to tell whether I'm
  just being needlessly pedantic or saving him from trying to install an
amd64 build onto an itanium chip.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)