Translator for human language?

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Sun Apr 26 06:58:07 UTC 2009

My computer activity involves working in several languages. Babylon has
been an essential tool in my Windows office for several years. I have
been looking for a similar tool in Ubuntu (9.04) and have found
ktranslator, but it does not recognize any of my Babylon dictionaries.
Even the man page does not include any information about dictionaries
for the application.

Are there in fact dictionaries available for ktranslator? Is there
another app that will perform on the fly translating of words?

Thanks in advance.

Avraham