to Karl

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 26 21:58:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:52:55 +0200
"Amedee Van Gasse (ubuntu)" <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard schreef:
>
> > Unmount the volume.  Poof!  Gone from "Places."
>
> How do you unmount a sftp "volume"?
> You can't, because there is no mounting involved when you connect to a
> remote computer over ssh.
>
> The only solution is to edit .gtk-bookmarks.
> Just read the rest of the thread, Cybe. ;-)

I just connected to my daughter's computer using Places >Connect To
Server>(Her network IP)
It brought up a Nautilus window showing her / file tree on the right
and an addition, sftp://Her netword IP/, on the left side.
The same thing shows up in the menu, "Places," between, "Network," and,
"Connect to Server."
If I right click on that sftp: thingie in the left side Nautilus window
it offers me the option to , "Unmount Volume."  When I click on that
option the sftp: thingie in the, "Places," menu goes away.
Pretty sure I've been following right along, what am I missing?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136