Installing Ubuntu

Steven Susbauer steven at too1337.com
Sun Apr 26 20:49:41 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:

> It's a 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 - what did you expect?  I admit the release notes
> say that should be sufficient, but still...  It's going to drag. How much
> memory do you have?
>
> So it works on Windows 2000 - you could probably get great performance out
> of a Dapper version of Ubuntu, too.
>
> And no, the menus aren't supposed to work like Windows.

I would not blame the hardware, at least the CPU, on this one. I am
running Jaunty on a 1.8 GHz Core Duo (Not core 2, and throttled at 1000
MHz) with 1gb ram, and it is extremely responsive, even with a second
Jaunty install running in a Virtual Machine. The OP is not running on
the best and newest hardware, but the system should still be more than
usable.