Installing Ubuntu

Faizan Kazi faizan.s.kazi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 16:25:23 UTC 2009

well, I must say, windows isnt all that bad, theyre finally combining
windows xp's low resource usage with vistas glamour, and viola! windows 7!
its very very nice! and fast!

its wierd though that the live cd graphics were fine and after install they
weren't. you sure your hardware is all right? couldn't hurt to run a test on
your memory with memtest. not so easy testing the rest of the components
though :s

which graphics card/chip do you have? maybe you can install the "restricted
drivers" if theyre available (ati's are not, not yet!) and it might fix
things.

also, are you sure you didnt enable some effects (compiz fusion) or compiz
plugins or increase effects under "System" >> Preferences >> Appearance >>
Visual Effects?? those extra eye candy goodies can sometimes wreak havoc :s

~fez