Videos

Evans Jahja smkururu at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 25 10:42:33 UTC 2009

Dean Hamilton wrote:
> I just updated Ubuntu from 8.10 to 9.10 and now cannot play any video.  I downloaded and re-installed Adobe Flash and Shockwave players to no avail.  My machine is an AMD 64-bit self-built with a 1.6 GHz single processor, 1 GB of memory and a 320 GB Hard Drive.  Videos worked fine in 8.10.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

> I just updated Ubuntu from 8.10 to 9.10 and now cannot play any video.
> I downloaded and re-installed Adobe Flash and Shockwave players to no
> avail. My machine is an AMD 64-bit self-built with a 1.6 GHz single
> processor, 1 GB of memory and a 320 GB Hard Drive. Videos worked fine
> in 8.10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What do you use to play your video? Totem might work, but I'd suggest
GNOME MPlayer, which is less buggy. You may require codec to play
videos. AFAIK, Totem will prompt you to install the codec, I don't know
about GNOME MPlayer, since I just started using it a few minutes ago
when I post this message.