sshd and ftpd

Preston Kutzner shizzlecash at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 02:40:37 UTC 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> ok Matt I will load sftp and see how that works.

There's nothing you need to load.  Sftp functionality is in-built in
sshd.  I would suggest uninstalling ftpd, however, since you don't
need it.  All you need to do to use sftp is use the sftp client on the
machine you want to connect from as follows:

sshd username at hostname

You'll be logged into the remote host and the sftp client will work as
you would expect a regular ftp client to work.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?