Ubuntu 9.04 Wireless Connection in KDE

Rob robfleet at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 25 01:09:01 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

I successfully upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 via the network yesterday and am
very happy with it so far with the following exception.

I can wirelessly connect to my router (located on another floor in my
house) with no problems when using either Gnome or XFCE but I cannot get
a connection when using KDE.  I have tweaked everything I can find to
get a connection in KDE but so far, no success.  Has anyone else
experienced this and if so, have you found a fix?  Don't know why the
other two would work but KDE will not.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Rob