Lightscribe help

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 24 23:49:33 UTC 2009

Please read before biting my head off.  I used the update manager in
System>Admin. to upgrade my computer from 8.10 to 9.04 and killed the
machine.  I have installed Hardy, 8.04 and now need my LaCie 4L label
burner and Simple Labeler put back into place.  When I try to install
using gdebie for a DEB file and when I try to download the rar to
convert with alien I receive the following message.  In the case of a
deb file the extension changes of course.

Please, some super birght person on the forums has already demonstrated
his inability to comprehend and told me I an't use a rar file (he never
heard of alien?) and I am professing ignorance already, I just need a
little help.  The sample message follows;

/tmp/lightscribe-1.18.4.1-linux-2.6-intel.rpm could not be opened,
because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the
association in your preferences.