Nvidia is at 173 in Juanty, will there be newer upgrades?

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:36:48 UTC 2009

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:42:56 +0100
> Chris Jones <christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch> wrote:
>

>> anyone tried nouveau recently ?
>>

> I meant to try it tonight, but the package description in Synaptic put
> me off: it clearly states/warns that this driver is still very
> experimental and is really meant for testing purposes only, not
> production machines...
>
> --
> Vince

    I went to my Jaunty laptop and with the Synaptic Package Manager I
put nvidia into search and came up with a complete set of NVIDIA Binary
Xorg drivers, starting I think with nvidia-glx-71 which you can try and
I think that will work fine with your old nvidia hardware. As I said
before on this computer I have a nvidia hardware problem which is no
longer a problem. There are a lot of drivers now :-)

Karl