Nvidia is at 173 in Juanty, will there be newer upgrades?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Apr 24 20:11:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:32:44 -0400
Rashkae <ubuntu at tigershaunt.com> wrote:
> Does the notebook not work with the Open source nv drivers?  You would
> have to give up 3D effects, mind you.... That is the well known price to
> pay for using proprietary hardware. :(

Nvidia card here as well... just reverted to the nv driver since I
don't use 3D much. Problem: the nv driver doesn't just remove 3D
support... it also fails to let me watch TV as well !
I use xdtv to watch TV, and from my little understanding, it complains
that some feature is missing in the video support.

I could do without 3D for now, but no TV is not possible (I don't have
nor want a standalone TV receiver)

So I am back to the nvidia driver for now.

--
Vince