Nvidia is at 173 in Juanty, will there be newer upgrades?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:06:05 UTC 2009

Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM, H.S. <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nice, went over the docs and have discovered the the laptop graphics
>> card in questio (Nvidia FX Go5200) is no longer supported by the unified
>> Nvidia driver. What does this really mean? Is that the end of the road
>> for this card or are there any other options I can try?
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> I guess it means you will have to stick to the 173 driver.
>
> You could try to manually install 180 but I have no idea about the
> proceedings to revert to 173 in case your system gets messed up.

Well, I could try compiling the module using m-a a-i. However, from
earlier experience on another older graphics card, I believe that
So I guess that is it for FX Go5200 :(

I just hope KDE 4.2 does not barf with the 173 version of Nvidia driver.

By the way, are there usually updates to older nvidia drivers?

ever having been read.