automatix2 feeback

J. Limon jlimon at eml.cc
Fri Apr 24 18:56:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:09:49PM +0100, Clive Wagenaar wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 April 2009 04:56:57 Timos Andreou wrote:
> > How can I  install  "automatix2"  in Intrepid Ibex ,please,  there is a
> > solution or not?  Filippe?
>

> I think you would be better off with 'Ubuntu Tweak'
> http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/Ubuntu-Tweak-Review-108577.shtml
> http://ubuntu-tweak.com/
>

> --
> clivewagenaar at gmail.com
>
> System Powered by:
> Ubuntu: Debian/GNU/Linux
> Ver 9.04 Jaunty
> Gnu+Linux user #419390
> Ubuntu user #1072

Yes, and as far as I know automatix is widely regarded as a very poor system.

According to wikipedia:
On August 4, 2007, Automatix was reviewed by Matthew Garrett, a member of the core Ubuntu development team. In his words, “Automatix is, in itself, a poor quality package which fails to conform to Debian or Ubuntu policy.” These comments were made in a technical analysis posted on his blog explaining why Automatix is currently not supported by Canonical Ltd. or the Ubuntu community.

Sounds pretty damning.
--
"If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good."