Mailing List Backup FAQ page created

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Apr 24 14:05:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:09:52 -0400
Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Charlie Kravetz
> <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:13:19 -0400
> > Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> And, while I'm talking about the wiki - does anyone grok moinmoin
> >> enough to make the links in the list on the
> >> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MailingListFAQs page show up in
> >> the table of contents and/or be anchors ?
> > You currently have TableOfContents(2) set. That means is will show
> > heading two levels deep. Set it to (4) to show them 4 levels down,
> > which means anything inside of ====  ==== will show up.
>
> Thanks Charlie
> Now how the heck do I get the links to be headings using === too?  It
> seems like I can't combine those elements.

You are right. Ubuntu wiki maintainers have modified parts of moinmoin.
TableOfContents is one of those scripts modified.

I don't know if it is a moinmoin or ubuntu-wiki specific item, but you
can not have links inside headings on ubuntu wikis. Unfortunately, this
has the side effect that the links will not show up in the
TableOfContents.

As to anchors, the only way I found to make them in these situations is
to create an anchor right above the links. As an alternative, I have
created tables with all the links in them to jump to paragraphs on my
page and in my wiki. Each paragraph then has a small heading that shows
up in the TableOfContents. The table is used in place of the
TableOfContents in this case.

Creating the anchor above the link sometimes causes problems because it
can double line-spaces between each one.

--
Charlie Kravetz