Nvidia is at 173 in Juanty, will there be newer upgrades?

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 13:48:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:34:12 -0400
"H.S." <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:

HS> Hello,
HS>
HS> In Jaunty I see that Nvidia is at 173 version. However, from other
HS> bug reports, I understand that KDE 4.2 does not play well with
HS> Nvidia drivers earlier than 180. Are we going to get newer Nvidia
HS> drivers in Jaunty eventually as usual updates?
HS>
HS> Thanks.

The restricted-drivers installation is supposed to identify the correct
driver for your card, and the 180 drivers don't support some of the
earlier cards, there's also (IIRC) a lower one still for very old cards.
(I don't recall the details of which drivers support which cards)

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |