Upgraded to Jaunty, how can I get my 2 monitors working again

Thomas Kaiser ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li
Fri Apr 24 07:42:41 UTC 2009

Hello All

I just upgraded to Jaunty and the display configuration is gone.
I have 2 Monitors which should run in "TwinMode" but I can not adjust
this. When I run "System->Preferences->Display", I get a message with
tells me that my graphic card is not support by this tool and I have the
choice to use the graphic card vendor tool. But when I use this option
it tells me that I don't have the Nvidia driver running. To enable it, I
have to run "nvidia-xconfig" as root. I did it but nothing changed.

How can I get the Nvidia driver (with "TwinMode) back?

Thomas