Sucess! - was Re: Upgrade problems?

Knute Johnson knute2009 at knutejohnson.com
Fri Apr 24 04:48:22 UTC 2009

Knute Johnson wrote:
> wirechief wrote:
>> today is not a good day to do a upgrade, those servers are at max.
>> hopefully you followed the
>> advice given http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/904
>
> I did and it seems to be proceeding this time.
>
> Thanks everybody.

So here are the final details.  b43-fwcutter did not upgrade for some
reason but was fixed after the fact with aptitude.  My installation is
xubuntu and the xfce desktop did not load after the upgrade.  Required
using the 'startxfce4' command and then saving the session.  All appears
to be working, I'll post if any problems show up.

So far I'm ecstatic!

--

Knute Johnson

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule."

   H.L. Mencken