[OT] was Ubuntu has gone!

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Apr 23 04:13:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:

> (but not all) and most users do not trim their messages at all, while

My pet hate is those who don't trim, but I don't go after those who don't do
it, IMHO, top posting is no worse then those who bottom post, especially
those who bottom post 3 words, making you scroll down 5 pages of
crap to read those 3 words.

> a few overtrim to the barely understandable, like they were in a IRC.

That is a danger, people when trimming often think the other person will
know what you mean, when you have omitted just a tad too much, so long as
there's enough there to the point of your comments it should be OK, but I
do know what you mean.

> It's a real mess, uncomfortable, really hard to follow and
> collaborate.

its been that way since day dot way back then...it'll never change.

> Thus I'm beginning to appreciate our (your) eventual fellow "nazis"
> and their persistence in requiring good manners for those waiting at
> the soup line.

perhaps, but the danger lies within, you cant have a bunch of misfits
deciding based on their personal beliefs what anyone else needs to do,
moderation is why we have moderators :)

It is very childish of those who publicly state in here they refuse or
may refuse to help someone just because that person top posts, I mean,
most of us (I know not all, but the vast majority) are adults here, not
8yo's in a school playground, a lot of people in here need to seriously
grow up.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers