Official Jaunty release?

wirechief silvermachineman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 01:20:02 UTC 2009

Best not do a power down reset you can really break things badly,
check out how to use
RSEIUB
Alt+SysRq+r ( The LEFT Alt key ) ( SysRq is on the same button as print screen )
Alt+SysRq+s
Alt+SysRq+e
Alt+SysRq+i
Alt+SysRq+u
Alt+SysRq+b

Give a little time between keystrokes.

The r stands for put keyboard in raw mode
The s for sync the disk
The e for terminate all processes
The i for kill all processes
The u for remount all filesystems read only
The b for reboot the system

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM, David Fox <dfox94085 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Daniel.Li <daniel_li at usish.com> wrote:
>
>> There is a bug on Intel video chip.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/359392
>
> I have an Intel Mobile Graphics Accelerator 4 on my newish Fujitsu
> laptop. One of the reasons I went to Jaunty soon after getting the
> laptop was improved video performance. However, I've only noticed this
> freeze a couple of times while using the laptop. The biggest reason
> was to get better 3D (and I usually run compiz full tilt) while still
> wanting to run OpenGL apps such as Stellarium and Google Earth without
> flickering that makes the apps unusable. In that respect, the video
> driver for Intel in Jaunty is much better.
>
> On my new desktop (quad core) I have an Intel video adapter (on the
> motherboard, "Q33") and I noticed similar behavior on it, so I
> upgraded (albeit later) to Jaunty on the desktop as well, mostly with
> the same improvements in video performance (especially using UXA
> acceleration). I do notice a blackish square that sometimes comes up
> when switching windows, but that's tolerable.\
>
> But I still get the random freeze fairly often - X stops responding,
> although the mouse cursor is still manipulabe. But at the point of the
> freeze there is nothing I can do other than do a hard power reset.
>
> I certainly hope this fix gets into Jaunty soon - I am not sure why it
> hasn't already, since there have been several updates to the intel
> video driver in the last few months.
>

> --
> thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.

Reach out and share life, care for others,