Disable Touchpad

Roy Smith rasmith1959 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:35:13 UTC 2009

Raquel wrote:
> My HP G70 has a touchpad that was able to be disabled using the
> keyboard switch with Vista installed.  However, with Ubuntu Intrepid
> installed the switch does not disable the touchpad.  Is there any way
> in Ubuntu to accomplish that task?

Sure is... first you need to make sure you have the
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package installed.  Just open synaptic and
type in synaptics in quick search and it should be at the top of the
list.  If the box next to it is green then it's installed, otherwise
click on it and mark it for installation and click apply.  Once it's
applied you can then go to System - Preferences - Mouse and then click
on the touchpad tab and disable it from there.

--

Roy Smith
Ubuntu 9.04 RC-1 Jaunty Jackelope