Is There A Font Installer For Ubuntu?

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:28:45 UTC 2009

I can't find a GUI font installer/viewer for ttf fonts in Ubuntu.  I
have tried searching Synaptic and it has come up with one or two hits,
one of them being "ttf-root-installer".  I installed that but issuing
the command does not run it, nor can using the locate command find it.

I really want something like the KDE 3.5.9 font installer which would
allow you to check what is printed but graphically, and before I turn
to KDE tools again, something purely for Gnome.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance....

--

Graham Todd