wireless!

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 22 02:37:55 UTC 2009

On 04/21/2009 10:20 AM, Josh Holland wrote:
> AFAIK, aptitude is preferred by the Debian guys as it has a better
> dependecy resolution algorithm.

Were you replying to me or Daniel?

Perhaps you missed this:

NoOp wrote:

> There are no specific instructions for using aptitude in the desktop
> guide (that I can find) - only for 'apt-get'.
>
> From the "Official" documentation:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/add-applications/C/add-applications-introduction.html>
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/8.10/add-applications/C/advanced.html#apt>

I don't care either way, I simply stated:

"It's a matter of some debate; apt-get is recommended by Ubuntu so that
is typically what I use. "

I suppose that one can join/contribute to all of the 'apt-get' vs
'aptitude' debates, but I reckon that should be in a separate thread, eh?