N-mini cards

Tab Gilbert tabbox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:33:12 UTC 2009

Hello

I have been looking at a Dell Inspiron 15 which I plan on installing Jaunty
on as soon as it arrives.

There is a choice between two N wireless cards.

Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11 Wireless-N Mini Card

or

Dell Wireless 1515 802.11 Wireless-N Mini-card

I looked on the forums and did a bit of googling about and they should both
work out of the box without to much frustration.  I am tending toward the
Intel card.  I currently have a Broadcom 43xx on my old HP laptop and it
works without a problem.  Just trying to figure out if either of these N
cards will be as easy to deal with.

Are there any potential problems I should be aware of with the Intel card or
anything that favours one card over the other?

Thanks for any information---

tab