Ubuntu SMB migration

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Tue Apr 21 18:59:19 UTC 2009

NoOp said:

> On 04/21/2009 03:35 AM, marc wrote:
>

>> First risk, I'd say, is the amount of memory in the machines. Memory is
>> cheap, don't scrimp on it. And it give the biggest bang for the buck.
>
> Actually memory for the older machines is quite expensive, particularly
> SDRAM, when compared to memory for new machines today.

Wow! I just had a look at a UK site - I don't live there, but I usually
buy my bits there - and your are right: £100/Gb.

At that price, it might simply be wiser to price replacements. Same site,
cheapest PC £200 (inc. tax): Celeron 2GHz; 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, DVDRW,
card reader, keyboard, mouse, no Windows tax.

--
Best,
Marc