help for Virtualization

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:13:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Devil Love <traineehr at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have been using ubuntu hardy heron 64 and have installed windows XP using
> virtual box in my laptop. do i need to use a antivirus for the XP and can i
> play games in that xp.

Yes - you still need AV for that machine.  It is unlikely (but
possible) it would muck up the rest of your computer, but Windows
itself is still vulnerable.
Pick your favourite.

You can play games in that XP, however you may find games that require
good DirectX performance will be unacceptably slow.
I'm not a PC gamer, so have no direct experience, but I know
framerates in Virtual Box will not be as good as 'native'

Brian