Missing hard drive space

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Tue Apr 21 09:47:02 UTC 2009

MG wrote:
> Thanks they all mount now but one

Great! And the remaining one will work soon, I am sure.

> Windows ripped me off trying to make me buy a third copy so no choice

Again, this is a perfectly valid reason to use Linux and you will see,
that it is very worthwhile.

> Help much appreciated
> I only can't mount sde1 now, it says permission denied.............

sorry for my information being not up to date.
Just to reiterate what we know about the last remaining problem mount.

What filesystem is /dev/sde1 supposed to have?

what is the output of this command?
mount

then please be so kind and resend the contents of the file /etc/fstab,
this time just the line(s) that relate to your /dev/sde drive.

lastly, what does this command tell you?
sudo fdisk -l /dev/sde

Thanks for your patience and kind regards
Eberhard