skype, (HP pavillion) and ubuntu

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 22:46:16 UTC 2009

there was no problems installing skype wia synaptic, choosing the variant
package
skype-static-oss, which seems to be the most functional on my system. the
one problem is: I cannot get the microphone to work. For that matter,
I cannot get the mic to work with any other program either, specifically the
sound recorder program on the gnome menu.

What do people do to get the mic to work (HP pavillion, dv6921 if that is
important)?
any other package that has to be installed?

Kjetil

--
"Mathematics is not the rigid and rigidity-producing schema that the layman
thinks it is; rather, in it we find ourselves at that meeting point of