MISSING HARD DRIVE SPACE

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:30:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:15:06 -0700, jdow posted:

> From: "Thorny" <thorntreehome at gmail.com> Sent: Monday, 2009/April/20 07:51

>>> I'm trying to be useful AND entertaining at the same time. Is that a
>>> sin?
>>
>> Of course not, that's why I didn't make a comment to you Amedee.
>>
>> Do you think my advice to MG was incorrect? Was it wrong for me to point
>> out
>> things that could be useful for posting and standard for this community
>> in light of the first three responses MG got to the post? I had seen
>> several other posts from MG that day. I assumed MG was inexperienced and
>> might need help understanding what the first three posters were talking
>> about and might want some documentation which could explain it. I also
>> asked for more information, which I think was appropriate.
>
> It was a Microsoft answer, Thorny - 100% accurate and 0% useful. It did
> not address MG's problem and it hijacked the thread to push a personal
> childish agenda. It also had a snotty rude attitude to its wording.
>
> {^_^}

I disagree. It was an honest attempt to be helpful and nothing snotty was
included in the text. As I explained, I wanted MG to understand the first
three replies to the post and learn how to get the best answers here. It
was on topic because of that. There is nothing childish about what
you call my "agenda", and , in fact, it isn't my agenda, it's the
netiquette and code of conduct of the Ubuntu lists, I didn't make it up.
You may not agree with it, or abide by it but the people who follow it do
get good help here and they can find it among the cruft.