Rough volume change

habtool habtool at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:22:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 06:49 -0700, Evans Jahja wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem. It's not really urgent through, but it'll be
> good
> if it's fixed. When I turn the sound volume up and down using my
> keyboard, it change very roughly, about 1/14 at a time where 14 is
> the
> max volume. Is there anyway to make the volume change more softly? I
> hope you guys understand what I mean.

Hi

If it is a mechanical/manual rotary knob volume adjuster, then for me it
was:

Applications > system tools > gconf editor (configuration editor)
then under apps find gnome_settings_daemon, volume_steop default is
something like 6, change it to 1 or 2.

If you have no gconf editor (configuration editor), you may need to edit
your menus as it is now shown by default, right click on menu and click
edit menu, then under system tools enable configuration editor.

This all applies to Gnome/Ubuntu.

Good Luck