ar928x and ath9k/ would like to receive mentoring if you know where to direct me

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:54:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:08:11 -0700, Martin Stephens posted:

[...]
> My goals:
>
> #1  Make a better contribution to bug reports, and perhaps packaging or
> helping track down the source of bugs in the implementation of the ath9k
> driver on bluetooth enabled Asus N50 (and probably N70) series.
>
> #2  Help tweak, bug report, track problems and implement testing software
> for any other device on the machine, except maybe the fingerprint
> reader.  (If a dishonest person got a hold of my password protected
> laptop, the machine itself is worth far more than any data they would
> mine.  The fingerprint reader is just a bit silly.... Bond.... James
> Bond.)
>
> #3  Help package cutting edge, Debian Educational software, as well as
> helping make it more user friendly.  (I have no idea how to package
> software, but maybe a gnome applet or something might be a nice pond to
> wade in.  I'LL TRY, OKAY?  I'm motivated at least.)
>
> #4  Increase my understanding of Linux, Ubuntu and Debian, so  that I
> might go on to better things.
>
> #5  Get Asus to refund me for my Vista disk, or use it as an expensive
> drink coaster.
>[...]

Martin, you might want to have a look at this page, it gives you some
ideas on how to contribute to the Ubuntu community. Some of them are just
what you are asking about.
http://www.ubuntu.com/community

And, please, post in text only on the list.