Confused about compiz plugins, trying to get "window rules" plugin

David M. Karr davidmichaelkarr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:50:35 UTC 2009

There appears to be so much documentation on Compiz plugins that I can't
figure it out at all. :)

I'm using Gnome, and I'd like to figure out how to make certain
application windows ALWAYS sticky, without having to select "Always on
Visible Workspace" each time I bring it up.

Looking through the "Compiz plugins" list, I found something called
"Window Rules" which seems to be what I need.  The problem is, I can't
find anything that actually says how to install and configure Compiz
plugins, or whether that's actually what I need.