X performance woes

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sun Apr 19 15:17:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 05:14:17PM -0400, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> I use KDE rather than Gnome, and since things seem to straighten out
> in xfce, this might help.  I've previously encountered performance
> problems when upgrading versions and have usually traced them to the
> window manager config directory.  The legacy directory will contain
> junk which slows things down.  Can you backup all your Gnome config
> directories and then let it rebuild when you login again.

Right now there is a lot things I like about xfce, so I won't to play
with it some more. Using xfce, and still feeling a misconfiguration
somewhere, I don't think its in the gnome settings that aren't being
used. Or are they?

I have recently given up on gnome-terminal (and any libvte based
terminal) and am using konsole now instead, which I so far really
like. So maybe there is kde in my future somewhere. I spend a lot time
in a terminal and having something that works all the time, is a big
plus for me.

Thanks.

--
Hal